The purpose of CoMetT shall be:
- To encourage the scientific investigation of the physiology and pathology of the voice of singers and actors;
- To further the clinical Study of these professional voice users;
- To exchange knowledge and ideas among the members in the form of seminars or meetings at international conventions;
- To facilitate the referral of a singer or actor to a well qualified specialist in another city where the artist is scheduled to perform;
- To develop educational activities related to the vocal problems of singers and actors.